Passenger Seat: Creating a Photographic Project from Conception through Execution in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom
©2016 |Adobe Press | Available
©2016 |Adobe Press | Available
Using her own stunning images as the starting point, author, instructor and artist Julieanne Kost shares her working methods with students, starting from the initial idea for a photo project, continuing through planning and executing the shoots, and spending the bulk of the time describing the post-capture workflow: organizing the images in Lightroom, performing basic and advanced edits, off-loading images to Photoshop for special purposes, then packaging the project for publication and distribution as a book, slideshow, or web site. Students will reap the benefit of Julieanne's long and deep experience with both Lightroom and Photoshop as well as her refined artist's sensibility. The book deftly combines practical information about working with the camera and computer, but under Julieanne's guidance the practical is always presented in the service of maintaining and supporting the photographer's vision for the overall project.
First things first
2. Personal Projects - A Necessity
3. Defining the project.
6. Camera Techniques (basic design principals)
7. Capturing Motion (different types)
8. During the Shoot
9. Defining Your Own Personal Project The Photographs
AFTER - The post-capture workflow
10. Customizing Lightroom
11. Adding Images to Lightroom
12. Editing (culling)Images
13. Renaming files
14. Adding Keywords
15. Making Collections
16. Sequencing images (printing contact sheets?)
17. Setting up LR default processing
18. Applying Lens corrections
20. The Histogram
21. Making Basic adjustments
22. Comparing edits (before and after, using VCs)
23. Advanced Tonal and Color Adjustments
24. Removing dust and small imperfections
25. Making selective adjustments (Adjustment brush, radial and graduated filters)
26. Sharpening and Noise Reduction
27. Special Effects (vignettes and grain)
28. Syncing Files
29. Creating and applying Presets
30. Converting to DNG
31. Saving Changes and Exporting from LR
32. Opening Files into Photoshop (for further processing)
33. Making selective changes - dodge and burn, masking
34. Removing imperfections using the Content aware Tools
35. Saving files in Photoshop
36. Making Books in Lightroom (Blurb and PDF) (sequencing images)
37. Sharing your work
38. Making a slideshow in Lightroom
39. Printing the Perfect Image
40. Exporting images for posting online (export and print to JPEG)
41. Archiving your photography
Bridge Page t/a A First Course
Ullman & Widom
Pearson offers affordable and accessible purchase options to meet the needs of your students. Connect with us to learn more.
K12 Educators: Contact your Savvas Learning Company Account General Manager for purchase options. Instant Access ISBNs are for individuals purchasing with credit cards or PayPal.
Savvas Learning Company is a trademark of Savvas Learning Company LLC.
Named one of Fast Company’s "100 Most Creative People in Business," Julieanne Kost is a Principal Evangelist at Adobe Systems, responsible for fostering relationships with customers through meaningful and inspirational Photoshop and Lightroom instruction. As a highly sought-after speaker for the industry-standard Digital Imaging franchise, she devises and presents motivating and educational training sessions, sharing original techniques and tutorials worldwide — via live events, Adobe.com, her own website (jkost.com) and blog (blogs.adobe.com/jkost). She is also the author of "Window Seat – The Art of Digital Photography and Creative Thinking," an accomplished photographer and fine artist, and creator and host of the popular Photoshop CC Essential Training and the Art of Photoshop Compositing for Lynda.com, as well as "Revitalize your Workflow with Lightroom" for CreativeLive.
Kost is well-known for her unique approach to instruction, infusing practical tips and tricks with an equal amount of humor and creativity that keeps audiences entertained and engaged. She often serves as a guest lecturer at distinguished photography schools and leading educational institutions around the world. She has created and published more than a thousand instructional videos for Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom. For her outstanding service and contributions to the photographic industry, she received the Gerhard Bakker award from the Professional Photographers of America and was granted the title of Honorary Educational Associate from the American Society of Photographers.
We're sorry! We don't recognize your username or password. Please try again.
The work is protected by local and international copyright laws and is provided solely for the use of instructors in teaching their courses and assessing student learning.
You have successfully signed out and will be required to sign back in should you need to download more resources.