Important: Only states that require course approval are listed here. The absence of a state does not mean courses are not available in that state.
Please follow the instructions below to find the list of approved courses in your state.
Pearson Online and Blended Learning (formerly Connections Education) is an Approved Digital Provider in Arkansas for grades 9-12.
In Arkansas, courses offered with teaching services and courses offered as courseware both require approval if they are to count for the single required online credit (Act 1280). Courses used specifically for credit recovery do not require approval and are not listed on the website.
To access the approved course list from the Arkansas Digital Learning Provider List page:
- Under the ADE Approved Digital Providers, please click on Pearson Online & Blended Learning to view the course listing.
Pearson Online and Blended Learning (formerly Connections Education) offers University of California A-G approved courses to California high school students for grades 9-12.
To be eligible to apply to California State University (CSU) and University of California (UC) institutions, California resident students take coursework that has been approved via the UC A-G approval process. Both courses offered with teaching services and courses offered as courseware without teaching services require approval. Note that starting in the 2018-19 school year, three previously separate brand names (Connections Academy, Connections Advanced Academics, and Pearson Education (GradPoint)) have been consolidated into the new brand name Pearson Online & Blended Learning.
Credit Recovery courses cannot be submitted for A-G approval; students must retake the original A-G approved course in its entirety.
In addition to being an approved online course publisher, Pearson Online & Blended Learning is able to offer approved publisher courses with instruction by certified teachers through our accredited private school, International Connections Academy (iNaCA), which has been approved by the University of California (UC) to offer instruction for a-g approved courses. Clients partnering with Pearson OBL for approved courses with instruction will need to request iNaCA transcripts for their students for the courses taken.
You can access the approved course list from the A-G Guide website.
Connections Education of Florida, LLC is an Approved VIP Provider for grades K-12 in Florida.
Courses offered with teaching services require approval. Courses used as courseware and for credit recovery do not require approval and are not listed on the website.
To access the approved course list from the Florida Department of Education List of Approved Program and Course Providers webpage:
- Click Connections Education of Florida, LLC on the list of Approved Virtual Instruction Program (VIP) Providers.
- On the Connections Education of Florida, LLC page, select Connections Education of Florida, LLC VIP Provider, then select Connections Education K-12 VIP Course List - PDF.
For more information on the FLDOE Virtual Instruction Program and its required disclosures, please click here.
Pearson Online and Blended Learning (formerly Connections Education) has many courses approved in Maryland for grades 9-12.
Courses offered with teaching services require approval. Blended or hybrid courses, where less than 80% of the instruction is provided online, do not require approval by MSDE. K-8 courses that are not credit-bearing courses can be offered without approval and are not listed on the website. Courses used for credit recovery fall under the COMAR rules as blended courses and do not require course approval and are not listed on the website.
To access the approved course list from the Maryland College and Career Ready Standards page:
- On the right-hand sidebar, click Approved Online Student Courses.
- A PDF document, Approved Student Online Courses will appear. Courses are listed by title, then provider (Connections Education).
Pearson Online and Blended Learning (formerly Connections Education) is an Approved Course Provider in Nevada for grades K-12.
Connections Education and Pearson Digital Learning (aka GradPoint) courses are offered with teaching services, as courseware without teaching services, and as credit recovery. All require approval.
To access the approved course list from the State of Nevada Department of Education Distance Education page:
- Scroll to Provider List at the bottom of the page, under the section Approved Course Provider List.
- Click Provider List and download the spreadsheet.
- In the spreadsheet, identify approved courses using the Vendor (column E), Pearson Online & Blended Learning.
Connections Education* partners with multiple school districts to offer online courses to high school students through the Texas Virtual School Network (TXVSN).
*Note on branding: Connections Education has been rebranded as Pearson Online and Blended Learning nationally. However, due to the setup of the TXVSN, we continue to be listed as Connections Academy, Connections Learning, or Connections Education. At this point, approved courses offered by Pearson OBL remain listed under our former names. (Connections Academy and Connections Learning are names of divisions within Connections Education.)
Courses are offered with teaching services, as courseware without teaching services, and as credit recovery. All require approval. Approved courses remain approved until standards change.
To access the approved course list from the Texas Virtual School Network (TXVSN) site:
- Browse the catalog that appears, using the tools on the left to narrow your search.
- Look for Connections Education, Connections Learning, or Connections Academy as the course developer (found under title of course) to see what courses Connections Education (now known as Pearson Online and Blended Learning) has approved.
- Note that the catalog consists of several alphabetical pages, so you may need to explore additional pages to find the course you want.
Pearson Online and Blended Learning (formerly Connections Learning by Pearson) is an Approved Multi Division Online Provider (AMOP) for grades K-12.
Courses offered with teaching services require approval. Courseware may be sold to school districts who use their own teachers and are not required to be approved through the AMOPs process. Credit recovery courses are not available in Virginia.
To access a list of approved courses from the Virginia Department of Education Approved Multi Division Online Provider page:
- Scroll down to the Provider Summary section.
- Select Pearson (formerly known as Connections Education, LLC).
- Click View PDF. A downloadable PDF with a list of courses is displayed. The most recent approval date/school year is listed at the top of the PDF. Courses are approved for three school years from the date of approval, including the school year (year of approval) at the top of the approved list.
Pearson’s Online and Blended Learning (OBL) division is approved as an online course provider by the Washington Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction’s (OSPI) Alternative Learning Department (ALD). On the Online Course Providers page, look for Pearson Online and Blended Learning, and select “Provider Information” for more details. The list of Pearson OBL courses that meet the 80% or better alignment to Washington standards is attached here and the list for which there are no Washington standards is found here. Please check with your sales representative to confirm the courses you wish to purchase are currently supported by our Teaching Services.
Connections Education is an Approved Online Course Provider for grades K-12.
Connections Education offers courses through Wyoming Connections Academy (WYCA), a program of Bighorn County School District #1. For more information on WYCA, see the Wyoming Connections Academy home page.
Use of courses that have not been approved
Pearson Online and Blended Learning (formerly Connections Education) recognizes that customers may wish to purchase online courses, with or without Pearson OBL instructional services, that may not be on our list of approved courses. Pearson OBL can provide those courses to customers, but those customers who choose to purchase courses not on an approved list assume the responsibility of determining if those courses meet their needs.