Important: Only states that require course approval are listed here. The absence of a state does not mean courses are not available in that state.
Please follow the instructions below to find the list of approved courses in your state. Courses that have not been approved are not listed on the state’s websites. Connections regularly reviews our approved courses lists, and may submit additional courses for approval. Occasionally, a course or courses may be removed from the list when the course is no longer available. Connections strives to make course additions/deletions at least annually to coincide with the approval and school year cycles whenever possible. Please check with your sales rep if you have questions on course availability.
Connections Education is an Approved Digital Provider in Arkansas for grades 9-12.
In Arkansas, courses offered with teaching services and courses offered as courseware both require approval. Courses used specifically for credit recovery do not require approval and are not listed on the website.
To access the approved course list from the Arkansas Digital Learning Provider List page:
- Under the ADE Approved Digital Providers, please click on Connections Education, LLC to view the course listing.
Connections Education offers University of California A-G approved courses to California high school students for grades 9-12.
To be eligible to apply to California State University (CSU) and University of California (UC) institutions, California resident students take coursework that has been approved via the UC A-G approval process. Connections Academy, Connections Advanced Academics, and Pearson Education (GradPoint) courses offered with teaching services require approval, as do courses offered as courseware without teaching services.
Credit Recovery courses cannot be submitted for approval; students must retake the original A-G approved course again in its entirety.
To access the approved course lists from the A-G Guide website:
- On the right hand side of the page, click A-G Course Lists.
- On the left hand side of the Course List Search page, under Filter Results, check the Online Publisher box.
- For the 2017/18 school year, scroll down and select either Connections Academy, Connections Advanced Academics, or Pearson Education (GradPoint). For the 2018/19 school year, scroll down and select Pearson Online & Blended Learning.
Connections Education is an Approved VIP Provider for grades K-12 in Florida.
Courses offered with teaching services require approval. Courses used as courseware and for credit recovery do not require approval and are not listed on the website.
To access the approved course list from the Florida Department of Education List of Approved Program and Course Providers webpage:
- Click Connections Education of Florida, LLC on the list of Approved Virtual Instruction Program (VIP) Providers.
- On the Connections Education of Florida, LLC page, follow one of these paths:
a. Click Connections Education of Florida, LLC VIP Provider; then select Connections Education K-12 VIP Course List - PDF.
b. Or click Partnership with the Florida Virtual School (FLVS) for Grades K-5 Full Time Program; then select Connections Education of Florida Course List - PDF.
For more information on the FLDOE Virtual Instruction Program and its required disclosures, please click here.
Connections Education has many courses approved in Maryland for grades 9-12.
Courses offered with teaching services require approval. Blended or hybrid courses, where less than 80% of the instruction is provided online, do not require approval by MSDE. K-8 courses that are not credit-bearing courses can be offered without approval and are not listed on the website. Courses used for credit recovery fall under the COMAR rules as blended courses and do not require course approval and are not listed on the website.
To access the approved course list from the Maryland College and Career Ready Standards page:
- On the right-hand sidebar, click Approved Online Student Courses.
- A PDF document, Approved Student Online Courses for SY 2017-2018 will appear. Courses are listed by title, then provider (Connections Education).
Connections Education is an Approved Course Provider in Nevada for grades K-12.
Connections Education, Advanced Academics, and Pearson Digital Learning courses are offered with teaching services, as courseware without teaching services, and as credit recovery. All require approval.
To access the approved course list from the State of Nevada Department of Education Distance Education page:
- Scroll down to the Approved Course Provider List.
- Select either Connections Education Approved Course List, Connections Advanced Academics Approved Course List, or Pearson Digital Learning Approved Course List.
- Each list notes an “Approved Valid Until m/d/yyyy” at the top of the page. Only approved courses can be offered in Nevada, whether they are used with Connections teachers/instructional services, or sold as courseware (no teacher).
Connections Education partners with multiple school districts to offer online courses to high school students through the Texas Virtual School Network (TXVSN).
Courses are offered with teaching services, as courseware without teaching services, and as credit recovery. All require approval. Approved courses remain approved until standards change.
To access the approved course list from the Texas Virtual School Network (TXVSN) site:
- Browse the catalog that appears, using the tools on the left to narrow your search.
- Look for Connections Education, Connections Learning, or Connections Academy as the course developer (found under title of course) to see what courses Connections Education has approved. Note that Connections Learning and Connections Academy are divisions of Connections Education.
- Note that the catalog consists of several alphabetical pages, so you may need to explore additional pages to find the course you want.
Connections Learning is an Approved Multi Division Online Provider (AMOP) for grades K-12.
Courses offered with teaching services require approval. Courseware may be sold to school districts who use their own teachers and are not required to be approved through the MOPs process. Credit recovery courses are not available in Virginia.
To access a list of approved courses from the Virginia Department of Education Approved Multi Division Online Provider page:
- Scroll down to the Provider Summary section.
- Select Connections Education, LLC (formerly known as Connections Academy).
- Click View PDF. A downloadable PDF with a list of courses is displayed. The most recent approval date/school year is listed at the top of the PDF. Courses are approved for three school years from date of approval, including the school year (year of approval) at the top of the approved list.
Connections Education is an Approved Online Course Provider for grades K-12.
Connections Education offers courses with teaching services which align to a set of state standards for each course. We may also offer these courses for credit recovery. Wyoming courses are renewed each year. Wyoming is implementing changes to their website and the links which provide access to their approved courses will be updated when they are made available.
Use of courses that have not been approved
Connections recognizes that customers may wish to purchase online courses, with or without Connections instructional services, that may not be on Connections’ list of approved courses. Connections can provide those courses to customers, but those customers who choose to purchase courses not on an approved list assume the responsibility of determining if those courses meet their needs.