Pearson Higher Education Returns Facility
5536 West 74th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46268
General Policy – Physical Products
Physical products which are eligible to return for credit based on the eligibility qualifications within this policy must be received at our Returns Address by the timeline stated below per product type:
Regular (active, in-print, non-custom) products, including new publications, invoiced on or after July 1, 2021 may be returned for credit only if received within 12 months of the original invoice date. For invoices dated prior to July 1, 2021, the prior policy applies. Please contact your Pearson representative with any questions.
Custom print products invoiced on or after November 1, 2021 are non-returnable. Custom print products invoiced prior to November 1, 2021 may be returned for credit only if received within the timelines set above for Regular Products.
Download list of custom ISBNs (Microsoft Excel document)
Out of Print Titles
Out-of-print titles may be returned for credit only if received within 120 days of such change to out-of-print status, provided this is also within the timelines set above for Regular Products.
Download list of Out Of Print ISBNs (Microsoft Excel document)
General Policy – Digital Products
A request from Purchaser to return digital products which are eligible to return for credit based on the eligibility qualifications within this policy must be received by Pearson within 21 days of Purchaser’s order.
Eligibility for Return and Credit
To be eligible, all returns must:
- be purchased directly from Pearson
- be in condition to be resold as new (this requirement only applies to physical products). It is the responsibility of Purchaser to remove any stickers placed on and/or inserts placed in products by Purchaser so that the product meets Pearson’s resalable as new condition
- be received by the timeline stated above per product type
- meet any additional qualifications stated within this policy which are specific to the product type, such as being in original sealed packaging
- be accompanied by a valid Return Materials Authorization (RMA). This requirement is applicable to products received by Pearson for return after November 1, 2021, regardless of when the order was placed. For physical products, there can only be a single valid RMA number per box. This means a single box cannot have multiple RMA numbers on it, but the same RMA number can be used across multiple boxes as long as each box is marked with the number of boxes (e.g., box 1 of 5, box 2 of 5, and so on)
In addition to the above eligibility requirements, the following products are specifically ineligible to return for credit:
- Instructor review and complimentary desk copies
- Damaged books
- Used books
- Counterfeit and/or pirated books
- Exported copies and international editions not sold by Pearson for resale in the U.S.
- Individually returned valuepack components removed from the valuepack shrink wrap
- Multimedia, including software in the form of floppy discs, CD-Roms, video and audio tapes and CDs, and access codes for on-line access removed from the sealed packaging
- Custom print products invoiced on or after November 1, 2021
If Purchaser returns any product that is ineligible for credit for any reason specified in this policy, Pearson will automatically reject the return, Purchaser will not receive credit, and (for physical products) Pearson will ship the product back to Purchaser at Purchaser’s expense. Notwithstanding the above, if the product returned which is ineligible for credit is in out-of-print status, then Pearson will destroy the product rather than shipping it back to Purchaser, but the remainder of the above statement still applies. Pearson will automatically implement this process without providing any additional notice to Purchaser beyond this policy.
Pearson also reserves the right to review and reduce, or suspend, returns privileges and ordering privileges for Purchasers that persist in the following:
- Selling and/or attempting to return individual value pack components separately, and/or
- Attempting to return other product that is ineligible for return.
In addition to the above, Pearson will immediately terminate ordering and returns privileges for Purchasers who do either of the following:
- Procuring, offering, or distributing counterfeit copies, and/or
- Procuring, offering, or distributing copies of International Editions and/or Internationally sourced products not sold by Pearson Education for sale in the U.S.
Credit for all such returns will be issued at the invoiced amount specified on the RMA. If a valid RMA number is not included with the return, Pearson will regard the return as non-compliant and ineligible for credit.
Purchaser's account will be charged a 2% returns restocking fee based on the returns value of Pearson Higher Education physical products. The restocking fee shall not apply to products that are rejected and returned to Pearson in accordance with Section 9 “Rejection” or Section 11 “Recalls” of the Pearson Education Physical Product Standard Terms and Conditions.
Purchaser assumes, and shall bear and pay, all risks and expenses of returning any such Pearson Products. Returns freight charges are the Purchaser’s responsibility unless the product has been officially recalled by Pearson.
Damaged Titles Received by Purchaser
Titles damaged in transit to Purchaser by a Pearson selected carrier must be reported immediately to Pearson Higher Education Customer Service so that a claim can be filed.
Requesting an RMA / Packaging and Shipping Guidelines
Purchasers can request an RMA by visiting the following website and selecting “Returns/RMA or Credits” in the “Issue Category” dropdown box: https://support.pearson.com/getsupport/s/contactsupport. And Purchasers can access an instructional video on how to request an RMA through Oasis here: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/crf0Y7VeoeB
Handling, packaging, and shipping requirements for returning physical products (including additional assistance on how to properly request an RMA) are available from Customer Service or your Pearson Sales Representative.
Last Updated April 2022