Pearson Education Returns Facility
258 Prospect Plains Road
Cranbury, NJ 08512
General Product Policy
100% of a reseller's or wholesaler's ("purchaser," "account" or "you") eligible purchases of Pearson Higher Education’s regular (non-custom) active and out-of print products purchased directly from Pearson may be returned for credit, provided your return is received undamaged and in resalable condition, at our returns address within 15 months of the original invoice date. Prior authorization is not required.
Custom Product Returns Policy
Custom ISBNs are 100% returnable within 15 months of the invoice date when purchased directly from Pearson, provided your return is received undamaged and in resalable condition at our returns address within 15 months of the original invoice date.
Pearson will apply a 2% restocking fee to all returns of Pearson Higher Education print product with an invoice date of September 1, 2017, or later. The restocking fee will be assessed after each print product return in the form of a debit memo equal to 2% of the value of the return. Call 800-922-0579 for more information.
Credit for eligible returns will be issued at the invoiced price or at the most recent invoiced price for the title according to Pearson’s record of the account’s purchase history.
Superseded editions must be returned by April 30 of the copyright year of the new edition or within 90 days of the new edition’s publication date, whichever is later.
Individual products sold by Pearson shrinkwrapped together as “valuepacks” for the benefit of certain instructors and students must be returned as purchased with the valuepack shrinkwrap unopened.
Multimedia, including software in the form of floppy discs, CD-ROMs, video and audio tapes and CDs, plus access codes for online access, must be returned in the original sealed package.
Damaged Titles Received by Purchaser
Titles damaged in transit to the account must be reported immediately to Pearson Higher Education Customer Service so that a claim can be filed against the carrier or our insurance.
Titles Ineligible for Return and Credit
The following products and any other titles ineligible for credit may not be returned.
- Returns that are damaged or otherwise not in condition to be resold as new. It is the responsibility of the account to remove any stickers placed on and/or inserts placed in products by the account so that the product meets Pearson’s resalable as new condition.
- Returns not accompanied by available invoice information (indicating the invoice number).
- Instructor review and complimentary desk copies.
- Used books.
- Counterfeit books.
- Exported copies and international editions not sold by Pearson for resale in the U.S.
- Individually returned valuepack components removed from the valuepack shrinkwrap.
- Multimedia, including software in the form of floppy discs, CD-ROMs, video and audio tapes and CDs, and access codes for online access removed from the sealed packaging.
Pearson reserves the right to review and reduce or suspend returns privileges and ordering privileges for accounts that persist in:
- Procuring, offering, or distributing counterfeit copies,
- Procuring, offering, or distributing copies of International Editions and/or Internationally sourced products not sold by Pearson Education for sale in the U.S.,
- Selling and/or attempting to return individual valuepack components separately, or
- Attempting to return other product that is ineligible for return.
Returns freight charges are the purchaser’s responsibility.
Last updated August 2017