In response to the ANA's "BSN in 10" Initiative, and the IOM recommendation that 80% of practicing RNs attain the BSN by the year 2020, Pearson has launched RN to BSN Online. This suite of competency-based online courses helps RN to BSN programs deliver pedagogically sound courses for the most effective online learning experience.
- Competency-Based Course Design: All learning activities in each RN to BSN Online course are based on and mapped to key nursing educational and professional standards like IOM, QSEN and the AACN Baccalaureate Essentials, which allows students, instructors and program administrators to easily see and report how course resources are teaching what the post-licensure nursing student needs to know.
- Developed by the Experts: To create online courses for the post-licensure RN and adult learner, the award-winning technology and instructional design team at Pearson CourseConnect worked with nationally recognized RN to BSN subject-matter experts. This ensures that your online RN to BSN resources utilize the best instructional
design practices and pedagogical frameworks for online courses.
- Complete: RN to BSN Online is a complete, turn-key solution for RN to BSN students and instructors and even includes training modules on best practices for learning and teaching online. Each RN to BSN course includes interactive presentations, discussion board questions, group activities, suggested student projects (each with its own grading rubric), and a fully interactive Pearson eText. The following RN to BSN Online courses are available:
- Cultural Issues of Nursing
- Health Assessment for the RN
- Health Care Delivery Systems
- Health Promotion
- Nursing Informatics
- Leadership and Management
- Population-based Nursing
- Professional Issues in Nursing
- Research & Evidence-based Practice
- Capstone Course