The Pearson Higher Education sales representative assists and supports customers in the transformation of learning. Sales representatives are responsible for creating effective and innovative sales solutions that address the issues and challenges facing institutions, instructors, and students today to meet necessary educational outcomes.
- The ideal candidate will possess a quantifiable record of success with a demonstrated ability to meet and exceed goals. A strong interest in digital media and applications to learning is a must.
- Employ effective consultative techniques including pre-call planning and productive questioning strategies that lead to winning business.
- Demonstrate superb organizational and follow-up abilities; maintain product knowledge around Pearson technologies, the educational industry, and factors influencing the market environment.
- Deliver technology presentations to faculty.
- Demonstrate teamwork through sharing of best practices and working with cross functional teams.
- Implement company initiatives into sales territory.
- Build strong partnerships with faculty members and college bookstore personnel.
- We are looking for talented salespeople to engage our customers and help us to continue to grow the business.
Successful candidates for the position demonstrate:
- High achievement and proven track record for excelling in a fast-paced college and/or work environment.
- Sales experience or aptitude via enthusiasm for the process of investigating, creating and fulfilling customers’ needs.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Experience with Learning Technologies or curiosity about the development of traditional and technology based intellectual property.
- Technological proficiency and strong working knowledge of the internet, mobile technologies, and computer applications and business systems.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication.
- A four-year college degree demonstrating academic excellence.