- Launched an accessible Pearson+ experience that includes user registration, checkout and a reading experience.
- Relaunched a new assessments interface in our MyLab product line to improve accessibility and usability.
- Implemented a required accessibility training curriculum for all Pearson Higher Education employees.
- Focused on remediation of issues within our eight key “user journeys,” as follows:
1) Register for a MyLab or Mastering course
2) Access and complete homework assignments
3) Access and consume the accessible eText
4) Access the student gradebook
5) Access the MyLab Study Plan or Mastering Study Area
6) Access the Learning Tools tab or the Multimedia Library tab (both apply to MyLab only and are dependent on the course in use)
7) Access and use videos
8) Access the accessible PowerPoint supplements
- Developed business processes to remediate PowerPoint lecture slides to bring them up to WCAG 2.1 AA standards. To date we have remediated slides for more than 250 titles.
- Developed business processes to convert PDF supplements in math courses into accessible HTML, with a focus on Student Solutions Manuals and Integrated Review Guides.
- Released revamped assessments interfaces for MyLab and Mastering and brought the Lewis Drawing Tool into WCAG 2.1 AA compliance.