In March 2017, Pearson Higher Education Qualifications announced the ‘BTEC Higher National student video competition’. The task was for students to submit a 30 second video answering: Real Skills. Real Experience. Real Qualifications. What does this mean to you?
The prize was for the winning videos to be featured in a promotional video on the Pearson Qualification website and a £50 Amazon voucher for each of the winners.
‘I’m surrounded by people who love what they’re doing.’
We received many brilliant entries from countries around the world, including Pakistan, Portugal, China, Trinidad and Tobago, Myanmar and the UK, which highlighted the diversity of students studying a BTEC Higher National.
‘The course is really practical and offers opportunities for valuable work experience as well as a recognised qualification.’
Narrowing down the winners to 10 was a difficult decision.
After viewings in front of a judging panel, the top 10 entries were chosen, all of which have been included in the final promotional video. It was fantastic to see the amazing work which all entrants had put into their videos, and to see the positive impact of our work, here at Pearson.
The winners are:
- Gavin Brocker/ Lucy Flack/ Wendy Davies - North Kent College
- Joe Lewis - South Cheshire College
- Saman Liaqat - The Millennium University College
- Francisco Romao - ETIC - Escola Técnica de Imagem e Comunicação
- Jessica Leonard - Birmingham Metropolitan College
- Leigh Sessions - Cambridge Regional College
- Michael Hallam - Cambridge Regional College
- Shenelle Brown - School of Business and Computer Science
- Pyae Phyo Paing - YOUTH Computer Co. Ltd
- Areej Obaid - The Millennium University College
We are pleased to share the final video with you:
Pearson Higher Education Qualifications wants to say a huge thank you to all the students which have taken part in this year’s competition. There were some brilliant videos and unfortunately we could not share them all.
We will be creating written case studies on our website, to share the success stories of our BTEC Higher National students. If you have studied a BTEC Higher National and would like to share your story please contact our team at email@example.com
To find out more about BTEC Higher Nationals, please go to the Pearson Qualifications website.