In-person training and support for ebooks
Our ebooks support package includes face-to-face introductory training and set-up, progression analysis reports, end-of-year review and recommendations and ad-hoc support.
Face-to-face introductory training and set-up
Our experienced training consultants will show you how to access your ebook and use the core functionality. The training can be run as a 2-hour interactive workshop (open to up to 25 lecturers) or as a 40-minute lecture, and includes:
- account creation and accessing the ebook
- review of accessibility options and requirements
- step-by-step instructions on site functionality: navigation, highlighting text and bookmarking pages
- review of platform features available to students
- review of content sharing features, including best-practice tips
- review of the analytics available and how to obtain them
- sharing best practice on integrating the product into your teaching to ensure that your students use it and understand how it can help them.
Progression analysis reports
We create a report at the end of each semester that reviews student engagement with your ebook. The report differs depending on which ebook platform you are using.
End-of-year review and recommendations
Through analysis of student engagement and qualitative feedback from lecturers, our training consultants will make recommendations for the coming year.
You'll have phone and email access to a training consultant who can provide support and advice on best practice. User and technical support is available for students through our phone, email and live chat service, removing the need for students to look to academics for technical support.
What our customers say
Now as soon as students enrol, they wait just a few days before they can access the eBooks rather than the weeks they had to wait for print versions.
Dr Daniela Tavasci, Queen Mary University of London
Responsive and perceptive I think would be most appropriate way to describe the service we received from Pearson.
Jim Harris, University of Northampton