In-person training and support for Mastering
Our Mastering support package includes face-to-face introductory training and course set-up, progression analysis reports, end-of-year review and recommendations and ad-hoc support.
Face-to-face introductory training
Our training team will talk you through the key functionality and ensure you can quickly access the product, understand how to create assessments and get access to results.
Face-to-face course set-up
Our training consultants will build your course within Mastering. This includes:
- course creation, including advice on optimal settings to suit needs, course editing based on content requirements and teaching plans, assignment creation including advice on how to create effective formative and/or summative assignment templates
- step-by-step instructions on how to use the gradebook to monitor student performance
- step-by-step instructions on how to how to export grades
- course set-up to ensure that all assignments and homework links are completed at the beginning of the semester, ready for full engagement for the year ahead
- step-by-step instructions on using Learning Catalytics.
Progression analysis reports
We create a report at the end of each semester that reviews student engagement and results on your Mastering course. We analyse student usage, assignment completion, engagement in student self-study and which areas of the course had the most incorrect answers.
End-of-year review and recommendations
Through analysis of student engagement and qualitative feedback from lecturers, our training consultants will make recommendations for the coming year.
You'll have phone and email access to a training consultant who can provide support and advice on best practice. User and technical support is available for students through our phone, email and live chat service, removing the need for students to look to academics for technical support.
What our customers say
Pearson support has been excellent; questions are dealt with promptly and efficiently.
Steve Astbury, INTO University of Exeter, MyAccountingLab user
Lecturers can receive excellent support from Pearson at the beginning and throughout the process.
Dr Shadi Ostovari, University of Greenwich, MyMathLab user