Following the announcement by the government in March 2022 concerning the National Tutoring scheme, the following changes will be put into place from September 2022:
The National Tutoring Programme (NTP) will no longer represent a funded option, but will instead remain as a body to ensure the quality of tutoring
All funding will be given directly to schools and will cover 60% of the tuition costs in 2022/23 and 25% in 2023/24.
There have also been changes to the direct-to-schools offer:
From May 2022, funding will be allocated for around 76% of pupils, in Year 1 to 11, eligible for pupil premium, per school
The extra funding is for the final term only and will not be backdated to the beginning of the academic year
75% of the cost is subsidised in academic year 2021/22. Schools will need to fund the remaining 25% through other budgets, for example recovery premium or pupil premium. The subsidy rate for 2022/23 will be 60% and for 2023/24 will be 25%.