This one-day course has been developed in collaboration with industry to provide a uniform approach to health, safety and environmental awareness training across the utilities sector, in line with Health and Safety Executive guidelines. It is aimed at all individuals involved in the operational activities of the water industry who require access to sites, both permanent and temporary, including all levels of operatives, supervisors and management.
The course programme covers:
- Understanding workplace responsibilities for both the employee and employer
- Understanding the effects of our work on the environment
- Identifying and controlling risks and hazards
- Identifying physical hazards in the workplace and how to minimise their impact
- Understanding, identifying, mitigating and minimising of occupational hazards in the workplace
- Understanding emergencies and their impacts in the workplace
- Sewage network and process operations
- Highway working and excavations.
The course is delivered through a combination of classroom-based tutorials and practical. You will be assessed throughout the course with a multiple choice theory assessment after each of the eight modules.
You must have a good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
EUSR photo ID card with qualification stated on back of card valid for 3 years from the date of training. Candidates must complete all eight modules and pass the SHEA Water assessment to gain EUSR SHEA Water registration.
Ready to book?
If we currently have this course set up as an open event, you can register using the booking function within the schedule listed below.
Alternatively, please call us on 01689 874265 or fill in the enquiry form and we'll get in touch to discuss your requirements.