This NRSWA qualification is for operatives employed in carrying out and monitoring works on the highway and covers a range of skills for those who need to safeguard their work by signing lighting and guarding to carrying out excavation and re-instatement work.
The course programme covers:
- 001 (now LA) - Location and avoidance of underground apparatus
- 002 (now O1) - Signing, lighting and guarding
- 003 (now O2) - Excavation in the highway
- 004 (now O3) - Reinstatement and compaction of backfill materials
- 005 (now O4) - Reinstatement of sub base & road in non-bituminous materials
- 006 (now O5) - Reinstatement of cold-lay bituminous materials
- 009 (now O8) - Reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete footways.
You must have a good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
This course provides a route to registration or re-registration on the Street Works Qualifications Register (SWQR) required under the New Roads and Streetworks Act 1991. Re-registration is required every 5 years.
Ready to book?
If we currently have this course set up as an open event, you can register using the booking function within the schedule listed below.
Alternatively, please call us on 01689 874265 or fill in the enquiry form and we'll get in touch to discuss your requirements.