We are able to deliver Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS) training all over the UK, on-site at a client's premises or at our specialist construction academy, located in Dartford, Kent.
As an accredited CPCS test centre we offer a wide variety of construction plant training courses, with classroom capabilities for 25 learners at one time, 2 acres of training space and an experienced team of fully qualified trainers and assessors.
The CPCS training scheme is one the largest and most well known card schemes for the construction and plant industry. It aims to provide evidence for plant operators and those involved with plant operations by recognising skills, knowledge and understanding, competence and qualifications. It is based on a mix of professional competence, experience on site and health and safety awareness. Improving skills and knowledge in the workplace means construction projects are more efficient and completed to a higher standard.
The Scheme is made up of a number of core elements, which are used to demonstrate the skills, competence and qualifications that determine eligibility for Scheme membership.
- Training - through a variety of channels
- Health, safety and environment - health, safety and environment awareness
- CPCS Theory Test - underpinning knowledge and understanding
- CPCS Practical Test - operating ability
- SVQ and NVQ - operating competence vocational qualification
- Logbook - on-going operating ability
- On-Site Assessment - on-going operating ability
- CPCS Renewal Test - up-to-date knowledge and understanding
Scheme membership is confirmed through the issue of a registration card. There are three types of cards available:
- Trained operator card - confirms the level of core skills, knowledge and understanding that can be applied in the workplace. Experienced and able operators may hold a Trained Operator Card whilst being measured against national standards through an SVQ or NVQ.
- Competent operator card - demonstrates that the holder posses a level of health and safety awareness through the CITB Health, safety and environment test, underpinning knowledge previously through a CPCS theory test, operating ability previously through a CPCS practical test and operating competence on the type of plant (evidenced by an SVQ or NVQ or employer confirmation of competence).
- Tester card - identifies an individual who has suitable and sufficient industry and operating knowledge and ability on the category of plant in all its acceptable uses and environments and has met the CPCS Scheme requirements to become a Tester.
To check the status of CPCS card, simply visit the CITB Online Card Checker.
An alternative accreditation to CPCS is an NPORS card, which provides a worker the qualification to operate a digger, dump truck or crane on a major UK construction site.
Download our CPCS training portfolio or contact us today to discuss your CPCS training requirements. Our experienced and knowledgeable team will be able to answer any questions you may have.