Structure of a Skeletal Muscle
Organization of Muscle Tissue
Structure of a Skeletal Muscle Example 1
What layer of connective tissue surrounds and separates muscle fibers?
A fascicle is a bundle of:
The Muscle Fiber
Structure of a Skeletal Muscle Example 2
The plasma membrane of a muscle fiber is called the ____________ and it wraps bundles of ____________.
Sarcoplasmic reticulum: myofilaments.
Sarcoplasmic reticulum: myofibrils.
True or False: if false, chose the answer that corrects the statement.
The smallest contractile unit of a muscle is the muscle cell.
False, the smallest contractile unit is the fascicle.
False, the smallest contractile unit is the myofibril.
False, the smallest contractile unit is the sarcomere.
- The connective tissue covering that encloses the sarcolemma of an individual muscle fiber is called the a. ep...
- A fascicle is a a. muscle, b. bundle of muscle fibers enclosed by a connective tissue sheath, c. bundle of my...
- Thick and thin myofilaments have different compositions. For each descriptive phrase, indicate whether the fil...
- The function of the T tubules in muscle contraction is to a. make and store glycogen, b. release Ca²⁺ into th...
- True or false: Most muscles contain a predominance of one skeletal muscle fiber type. Explain the reasoning be...