In a neutral solution, the concentration of __________.
a) Hydrogen ions is less than the concentration of hydroxide ions.
b) Water molecules is less than the concentration of hydroxide ions.
c) Hydrogen ions is greater than the concentration of hydroxide ions.
d) Hydrogen ions is equal to the concentration of hydroxide ions.
A base _______:
a) Has a value of 7 on the pH scale.
b) Is a chemical that donates hydrogen ions to a solution.
c) Is a chemical that accepts hydrogen ions from a solution.
d) Has a value below 7 on the pH scale.
e) None of the above are correct.
Which of the following statements about buffers is true?
a) They maintain a consistent pH only when acids are added to them, but not bases.
b) They maintain a consistent pH of 7.
c) They fluctuate in pH when acids are added to them.
d) They maintain a consistent pH when acids or bases are added to them.
e) They fluctuate in pH when acids or bases are added to them.
- Measurements show that the pH of a particular lake is 4.0. What is the hydrogen ion concentration of the lake?...
- What is the hydroxide ion concentration of the lake described in question 3? a. 10−10 M b. 10−4 M c. 10−7 M d....
- A solution at pH 6 contains _________ H+ than the same amount of a solution at pH 8. a. 20 times more b. 100 t...
- A can of cola consists mostly of sugar dissolved in water, with some carbon dioxide gas that makes it fizzy an...
- If you were given a solution that has a pH of 8.5, what would be its concentration of protons? What is the dif...
- A recent experimental study looked at the combined effects of ocean acidification and increased ocean temperat...