Introduction to Nervous Tissue
Intro to Nervous Tissue
If a sensory nerve running from the hand to the spinal cord is severed, you will lose feeling in your hand. What statement best describes the reason for this?
The electrical impulse can no longer be conducted from the hand to the spinal cord.
The neurotransmitter molecules can no longer travel from the hand to the spinal cord.
The neuron can no longer transmit the signal from neuron in the hand to the neuroglial cells in the spinal cord.
The neuroglia cells can no longer transmit the signal from the hand to the spinal cord.
Which of the following is NOT a function of neuroglia?
Supplying nutrients to neurons.
Regulating the composition of interstitial fluid.
Conducting electrical impulses.
- Fill in the blanks: ____are the cells of nervous tissue that send and receive messages, and ____ are the suppo...
- Name the primary cell type in connective tissue proper; in cartilage; in bone.
- Provide examples from the body that illustrate four of the major functions of connective tissue.
- Cindy, an overweight high school student, is overheard telling her friend that she's going to research how she...
- State whether each of the following describes epithelial, connective, muscle, or nervous tissue.a. ____ECM is ...